Wednesday, January 28, 2009

TechCrunch's Arrington takes break

AFP reported: TechCrunch founder Michael Arrington announced Wednesday [Jan. 28] he is taking a break from writing for his influential technology blog after being spat on at a conference and getting death threats.

Writing on techcrunch.com, Arrington, 38, said an unidentified man "walked up to me and quite deliberately spat in my face" on Tuesday at the Digital, Life, Design conference he was attending in Munich, Germany.
HOWEVER, Arrington said he will attend the upcoming World Economic Forum in Davos

IPBiz has criticized TechCrunch positions on patent reform: TechCrunch wrong on reform



from 14 Jan 08: http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/01/14/patent-reform-act-focuses-on-the-wrong-problem/

AFP also stated: Arrington, a former lawyer who has been cited as one of the most influential voices in Silicon Valley by several leading US publications, also said that last year, "an off balance individual threatened to kill me and my family."

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

For me, this is several things coming full circle. Thinking back to Arrington's behavior (and subsequennt quaral with Loic) at LeWeb this year. I can't fit all my thoughts here but check it out at
http://drewskwarcan.com/techcrunch-michael-arrington-and-a-lesson-in-work-life-balance/

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home